'Join us for an hour of music with Indian composers, singer-producer and instrumentalist, Komorebi and KAVYA. This event is part of an ongoing series of performances and conversations in collaboration with Wild City to support the upcoming podcast series 'Women In Labour'.
FREE ADMISSION. Please register at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf4JHz4dkZwKvplZXvxfRe23XSiyV09MA3TVuGMI8FsxSqoiw/viewform
Please be seated by 7pm and follow the below security guidelines:
• Please carry valid photo identification in original with you for entry.
• Laptops, power banks, flash drives, cameras, and other electronic items are NOT ALLOWED within the American Center and there is NO place to STORE these.
• Mobile phones and tablets are allowed within the American Center.
• For security reasons, photography through mobile phones or any other devices is prohibited.
• The American Center is a two-minute walk from the Barakhamba Road Metro Station.
• American Center does not provide parking on its premises.
• All visitors may be featured in photos or videos to be used for promotional purposes or on social media by the American Center or the U.S. Embassy.
About the Musicians :
‘Komorebi’ (Japanese for sunlight that filters through tree leaves) is a unique electronic-alternative act from New Delhi and the musical baby of Tarana Marwah, who is a composer, singer-producer and instrumentalist. Inspired by scores from anime and chip tune music she heard as a kid, Komorebi’s music is whimsical, orchestral and celestial. Her debut album ‘Soliloquy’ caught the attention of many, placing her on the indie radar in India, and she was recently nominated for the MTV European Music Award 2019 for ''Best Indian Act''. Some of Komorebi’s notable performances at festivals include: NH7 Weekender, Magnetic Fields, Red Bull Tour Bus, Echoes of Earth, Wonderflip, Music Matters in Sri Lanka, Treefort Music Fest 2019 in Idaho and SXSW 2019 in Texas, United States. Komorebi’s next body of work features more experimentation with art, language, and various unique instruments.
KAVYA is a 26 year old polymath from New Delhi, who is an actress, singer-songwriter, an ad jingle composer, model, jewellery designer, part of multiple music outfits – and that’s still not all. She’s released an EP with her band, MOSKO, and frequently plays shows as one-half of electronic duo Kavya x Chaz. After the critically acclaimed release of her singles, Underscore and Golden, however, Kavya is focusing on her solo project and has an upcoming EP in 2020.'
American Center, 24 Kasturba Gandhi Marg, Near Barakhamba Metro Station, New Delhi, Delhi - 110001